Bears for Humanity
Bears for Humanity™ produces teddy bears with 100% Certified Organic Cotton/Hemp fibers. With an unparalleled hand-feel and articulating limbs, these bears are infinitely snuggly and inspires kids’ imagination at a tea or dance party. The naturally anti-bacterial organic fabric gives caregivers peace of mind for hygienic play and sharing with others.
- The teddy bears appeal to a wide age range, allowing children of varying ages and cognitive levels to use and learn from Bears for Humanity.
- Bears for Humanity foster imagination and creative play while encouraging social interaction.
- Action concepts in/out, on/off, under/over can be practiced by playing with the teddy bear for example when dressing them.
- Bears for Humanity encourages open-ended play—there is no right or wrong way to play.
- Use the teddy bear to teach kids about body parts. Where are Sammie’s eyes, nose and belly?
- Caregiver can use Sammie to teach basic concepts like “teddy bear is under the blanket,” “teddy bear is sitting behind the couch.”
- Kids can research the organizations that Bears for Humanity does “Buy One Give One” to see if there is more they can do to help kids in need.
- When children play pretend with Bears for Humanity they are building expressive language skills which influences overall speech.
- Bears for Humanity may teach children social awareness to help recognize and understand others’ perspectives and emotions especially with the mission, “Buy One Give One.”
- Bears for Humanity can help a child express her feelings and moods. This can give caregivers insight into how the child is feeling.
- The mission of "Buy One Give One" can be used to start a dialogue about differences between families.
- Have the child share a story about what Sammie did while at school or summer camp. Child can verbally share a story or draw out a story.
- Read to Sammie! Have the child read a story to the teddy bear or a collection of plush to create an audience during storytime.
- Caregiver can ask “wh” questions. For example, “Where is Sammie?,” “Why is Sammie crying?,” “What does Sammie want to eat?”
- Independent play with stuffed animals can boost confidence and self-esteem.
- Bears for Humanity can be used to help a child transition from one activity to the next. Sammie is the constant in novel situations and may help ease anxiety.
- Teddy bears offer kids the opportunity to practice their self-help skills like dressing, feeding and brushing teeth. Kids often find it easier to practice these skills on someone (or something) else before they can apply them to themselves.
- Caregiver can use Sammie to help a child learn empathy and share their own feelings freely. Caregiver can give the child a scenario and have them respond for the teddy bear. For example, why is Sammie afraid of the dark?
- Use doll clothes and baby clothes to dress Sammie!