Motor Skill Universal Set
The Motor Skill Universal Set is a collection of toys as tools that are designed to target fine and gross motor skills during playtime activities. The blocks, rods, hoops, bean bags and other pieces are ideal for active play. While it comes with an activity guide full of suggested activities, with a nearly endless number of possible combinations, Weplay’s Motor Skill Universal Set can be used for any number of activities.
- Sequential thought processing is encouraged as kids figure out how to complete each specific activity.
- Action concepts are learned as children step on and off footprints and go over and under bars.
- With so many colors, shapes and parts, the Motor Skill Universal Set provides opportunities to teach children color and shape identification and object recognition.
- Caregiver can name an everyday item such as a car or house and have children work to assemble that item using the pieces of the universal kit.
- Take a picture of what the bag looks like all packed up. That way putting things back together will be easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Gross motor skills are practiced when children practice balance and coordination to maneuver their bodies through the obstacles constructed using the Motor Skill Universal Set.
- Through play with the Motor Skill Universal Set, children are developing muscles that aid in overall physical health like breathing and digestion and endurance and flexibility.
- Fine motor skills such as grasping and hand-eye coordination are incorporated into play as children hold a ring or toss a bean bag.
- During play, children can practice proper foot placement, weight shifting and reciprocal leg movements, all of which help increase core strength and balance.
- Kids can try and do the entire obstacle course doing different physical tasks—jumping, running, crawling, etc.
- Add in other outdoor play items to the obstacle courses like a jump rope, scooter or bike as “checkpoints” for different activities along the path.
- Before doing the obstacle course, stretch out legs, arms and back muscles first. Practicing yoga beforehand is a good way to stretch too!
- The Motor Skill Universal Set provides opportunities for cooperative play with others. This can hone both receptive and expressive language skills as kids interact and collaborate.
- The Motor Skill Universal Set can be used to stimulate imagination and creativity as children use the individual pieces as props in playtime.
- Teamwork, patience and turn-taking can be developed as children configure obstacle courses and figure out how each activity is completed.
- Kids can each be the engineer of their own activity for the obstacle course. After the activities are built, kids can combine their sections to make one big course.
- Kids can take on the task of using all of the pieces in the set to create an obstacle course!
- Create medals and awards for different obstacle courses for kids to collect along their way as they successfully take on the activities.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Balance & Coordination
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Motor Planning
- Social Interaction
- Sequential Thought Processing
- Problem Solving
- Peer Interaction
- Weight Shifting
- Foot Placement
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: