Phlat Ball® V3
Phlat Ball® V3 is a combination ball and disc for double the fun! When the Phlat Ball® V3 is pressed flat it sticks together like a disc. Phlat Ball transforms from a flying disc to a ball when thrown. When will it pop? No one knows! The Phlat Ball® V3 disc-to-ball reaction is a surprise because of its variable time-delay feature.
- Auditory and visual attention are promoted as the Phlat Ball® V3 creates a “pop” noise when the variable time-delay reacts and the toy goes from a disc to a ball.
- The high contrasting colors (and many color varieties) of the Phlat Ball® V3 help develop visual tracking and attention as children follow the ball as it flies through the air or rolls across the ground.
- Phlat Ball® V3 assists with tactile discrimination as children feel the difference between the Phlat Ball in disc and ball form. Let the ball pop open in a child’s hand to feel the physical transformation.
- Make discs out of different recyclable materials like paper plates, cardboard boxes, pop bottles and more to see how the different weights and shapes fly when you throw them. Phlat Ball® V3 vs. recyclables!
- Use the Phlat Ball® V3 like a timer for a game of freeze dance or transition between toys. When the disc pops, time to stop.
- Blink contest! Push down the Phlat Ball® V3 on a surface to create a disc and wait for it to pop without blinking!
- Bilateral coordination and core strength are practiced as kids stabilize their bodies to throw or catch the Phlat Ball® V3.
- The Phlat Ball® V3 promotes whole hand grasp as kids use an open palm to grip, improving hand strength and dexterity. The spring like ball provides leverage to practice grasp too.
- Gross motor skills including reaching and arm extension are incorporated in play as children throw and catch the Phlat Ball® V3.
- Release the Phlat Ball® V3 in disc form with a friend and use the pancake catch (two handed with palms facing each other) to grab it before it pops open to a ball.
- Compress the Phlat Ball® V3 using different positions. For example, use a closed fist or an open palm to flatten it down.
- Playing catch with a peer hones cooperation and communication skills as kids interact and collaborate together.
- Good sportsmanship is encouraged as kids play together competitively with the Phlat Ball® V3.
- The flexibility of the Phlat Ball® V3 being a disc or a ball provides opportunities for inclusion in game play for kids.
- Imagination and creativity are inspired as kids make up games to play with the Phlat Ball® V3.
- Sit the Phlat Ball® V3 flattened like a disc at the top of a slide. Wait for the Phlat Ball® V3 to turn into a ball and roll down the slide! How many seconds did it take?
- Place different items on top of the flattened Phlat Ball® V3 like a toy train, small stuffed animal or
- Sit in a circle and pass the compressed Phlat Ball® V3 around. When it pops, the person that is holding it has to share something about themselves with the group. For example, favorite color, vacation plans, number of siblings, etc.
Developmental Processes Promoted
- Visual Tracking & Attention
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Hand Grasp
- Social Skills
- Bilateral Coordination
- Motor Planning
- Sequential Thought Processing
- Cause & Effect
- Reaching & Arm Extension
- Approximate Price:
- Age Range: