The soft and machine washable Twiddle® products can help soothe and calm and create focus and attention through fidgeting and sensory stimulation. There are a wide variety of Twiddle® themes to choose from: Classic, Sport, Cat, and Pup. Each Twiddle® includes a soft-plastic orbit ball, loop of multi-colored wooden beads, textured ribbons, Velcro pull patch and a sealed satin or buckskin crackle pouch.
- The Twiddle can allow children to work on bilateral coordination as they bring both of their hands to midline to manipulate the sensory items inside of the plush.
- Fine motor skills are encouraged as children feel and manipulate the various tactile components of the Twiddle, wooden beads, ball, and more.
- The Twiddle is a great resource for kids to manage their focus and attention as it allows them to fidget and move without disruption in a classroom or waiting room of a doctor’s office.
- Let the plush Twiddle act as a hand warmer as children embark on imaginary arctic adventures during pretend play.
- Switch out the different manipulatives with new objects for kids to fidget with whether they are attached or simply placed inside the Twiddle.
- Put a baggie of carrots or one of the child’s favorite snack time treats in the pocket on the side of the Twiddle.
- Twiddle products are sensorily stimulating with the bright colors and different plush textures for kids to engage and explore.
- The accessory textures give children the experience of touch and allow them to conceptualize tactile discrimination. This skill is important for learning same and different in life skills.
- The accessories and plush material on the Twiddle products provide an auditory experience. For example, the crackle from the satin pouch or the swish of the silk ribbons.
- What is missing? Remove one of the accessories to challenge the child’s visual memory and recall as they try and figure out what is missing.
- Add objects to the Twiddle that make noise like placing a bell on the end of one of the ribbons.
- Place different items inside the Twiddle and have the child guess what it is by touch. For example, place a train car in the plush pouch.
- The Twiddle can be used to help children self-regulate through the calm of the plush material and the accessories to fidget and help soothe.
- Twiddle products provide an open-ended play scenario and encourage creativity in children as they dictate the rules of the pretend play experience.
- The fine motor skills used when playing with or attaching the accessories on the Twiddle can support life skills like dressing, brushing teeth or using an eating utensil.
- Create a treasure hunt! Caregiver can remove all of the accessories from the Twiddle around the house and hide them for the child to find. Make a treasure map for added fun!
- Caregiver can put a note of achievement in the satin pouch. For example, ask 3 questions in class today or clean up all of your toys before bed. The child can work toward that goal and take it out as a reminder.