uKloo Early Reader App evolved from the original uKloo Early Reader Treasure Hunt game that turns your house into a game board. The app mimics the physical game as kids seek-and-find objects in different environments like bananas at the farmers market or cows on the farm. It encourages kids to look up word clues, search the play screen and discover surprises along the way! There’s even a picture helper to look up words when kids get stuck.
- The book icon on the bottom of every screen helps kids discover and sound out new words independently using visual clues.
- Kids can add on more clues and/or advance the level of play as their skills progress and they have mastered the game.
- Memory and recall skills are encouraged as kids swipe through the screens to locate different objects.
- A caregiver can set a timer to see how long it takes to complete the game. Children can try to beat their time with each round!
- The question mark icon can be used as a “lifeline” a certain number of times during game play. For example, child can only refer to the question mark 3 times during game play.
- Kids can make a list of items by sharing with a parent or writing a list of items that they have never tasted or seen in real life to find/purchase at the grocery store, farm or beach.
- uKloo app can help a child vocalize by reading aloud the clue cards displayed on the screen.
- Cognitive thought processing, receptive and expressive language skills are engaged and enhanced during play as kids listen to the directions and read the clue.
- Pre-literacy and literacy skills are practiced throughout play as kids learn to recognize and identify verbs, prepositions and nouns when reading the clues and using the question mark icon for assistance.
- A child can expressively recall the hidden clue card path with a caregiver. For example, the first clue card said to look under the pineapple. The second clue card was next to the chocolate ice cream cone and the surprise was on the small pumpkin!
- Caregiver can ask the child to always read aloud the clues during game play.
- Social skills like manners can be reinforced during play as kids ask siblings or caregivers for help during game play.
- Through repeated play, kids can learn and refine their knowledge of the uKloo app and build confidence.
- Game play with uKloo can change and challenge children at different levels of difficulty with growth and development of literacy skills.
- Patience is supported during game play as children must find all of the clues leading to the surprise at the end. With the ability to adjust the number of clues and challenge level in the app, play can gradually increase as a child’s frustration level permits.